Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

Good Colorado Morning!
I have fantastic news!! I just found out that I won the Tool Challenge at Throgh the Craftroom Door Magazine blog and my Wild About You book will be featured in the new issue! Wooo Hooo! I am so surprised and so honored. Thank you Monique Griffin for the fantastic instructions and how to create this darling book. Yes, I did change a few things but the inspiration goes to Monique! If you have never viewed her fabulous creations you can go to her blog MonkeyDoodle and see all of her fantastic designs.

Well, I am back after I have been MIA for weeks! I finally made it to the cabin and it is wonderful. So nice and cool, what a relief! My son, his wife, and my darling granddaughter met my youngest son and I here the first week of August. We had a blast sight seeing and fishing in the local area. We also enjoyed a football game (preseason of course) at the Old Miner's Inn in Creede. If you are ever in Creede you MUST stop in and try their Momma Mia Pizza! OMGosh, that is the BEST pizza on the planet! The atmosphere and the locals are an added plus! My favorite places by far! We then headed off to my favorite city Denver for some shopping! We stayed in Castle Rock and shopped the outlets (spent way toooo much money, shhhhh don't tell hubby!) and then a night out at Casa Bonita (their food is not the best with the exception of sopapillas) and great entertainment! My son and his family returned to Amarillo and Treyce and I headed west for some great scenery on our way back to the cabin. We stopped in SiverThorne for some great food at Chipolte, if you have never tried Chipolte it is wonderful!! Arriving back at the cabin Saturday night we headed to Monte Vista to the Drive-In Theater and watched Despicable Me which was very cute and a beautiful night out. We returned to the cabin with no cell phone and no internet service, it seems someone had cut a fiber optic cable and the southern Colorado area was without service. I did get my cell phone back after some extended time but no internet. Finally, with the help of my generous neighbors Ron and Sherry, I am back in business.

I received an email from my FANTASTIC friend Lisa (The Purple Place) and she told me about a fantastic Challenge going on at iCopic Lover blog for which I made this darling card.
The winner of the challenge receives 7 Ciao Markers! Wowzer! Isn't that fabulous!! I have a new sewing machine and no I have never sewed before and the instructions for setting it up were all in Spanish! Can you believe there was not an English translation in the box. LOL! You should have seen me trying to figure out how to load a bobbin and threading the machine. After much frustration I finally accomplished my task. I added sewing to this card and I don't think it was too bad considering it was my first attempt at sewing. What do you think?

This darling picture of the Thank You Card I made is for Ron and Sherry and all that they have done for me besides being some of the best neighbors ever! Yep, I sewed on this one also. Again, not too bad for the second attempt. I am going to try this on more cards and see if my technique improves. I wish I had brought more thread with me as I have almost every color available at home. (I had great ambitions of becoming a seamstress and even purchased a Disney Embroidery Machine). Oh well, I can always bring more up later. It has been weeks since I have colored any images so this was great fun and I can't wait to get back to more creating.!

Have a fabulous day! Praying for your family and mine!

Big Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower ;D It was great meeting you at the Copic Certification class and what a nice surprise to see that you are signed up for Suzanne Dean's class, as well. I love "small world" type of stuff! I just love being able to connect with folks that share a passion for cardmaking and papercrafts.

    Congrats on winning that challenge and being featured in the next issue of Through the Craftroom Door! How exciting is that! Your cards look fabulous and I will be dropping by often to see what craftiness you're up to! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete