Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 12, 2010

Happy Thursday!
I have finally arrived at our cabin in Colorado! My youngest son and I drove up Sunday night and got in about 3:00 a.m. mountain time. Wooo Hooo ! It is about time! My middle son, his wife and my granddaughter came in that night also! We have been out fishin' every single night and I must say it is wonderful! I am running around in my jeans and sweatshirts (I love sweatshirts, they are my favorite piece of clothing)! My two shelties seem to be loving it as well as they are running around snooping and love the lakes and the streams. The day I left Texas it was 101 degrees when I left at 8:00 that evening. It has been hanging around 75 degrees here during the day and flat cold at night sometimes getting down in the 40s! I am loving it!! My poor hubby said today it was 104 degrees with 80% humidity! We never have humidity so I know it is miserable. I really miss him and wish he could be here with us.
Prior to my leaving I spent several hours in my craftroom and made a few cards that I am posting for some challenges at Simply Scrapping Crafts! I made one for the Copics challenge in which we were to color white, one for the Stamp and Scrap Challenge in which you have 5 of something, 3 of something, and 1 of something. For the Card Challenge we were to put a frame around your image. I also got a little rearranging done! Whew!
Card Challenge ~ Tilda with Candy Cane
I cut the frame that doubles for a window with my Nestabilites, Tilda is colored with Copics and stickles added to the candy cane. The Magnolia Trees on the inside are heat embossed with a winter wonderland embossing powder.

Copic Challenge ~ Coloring White
This image is "Tantrum" by Mo Manning colored with Copics. The sidewalk I drew in and colored white with shadows. I used Microsolft Word for the Sentiment and cut it with my circle scallop Nestabilies.
Stamp and Scrap Challenge includes: 5 ~ Shapes
(hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades, and circles for the chips)
3 ~ Layers of paper , 1 ~ Ribbon
I titled this one "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner"
Since I am an avid poker player I truly love this image by Mo Manning and thought it probably looks like me in a few years playing Hold 'Em! LOL!

I tried to bring as much of my craftroom with me as I could as it has been weeks since I have even colored with my Copics! I usually color five or six images a day so I can't wait to get started back on my coloring. While the boys are here though I am busy running around the mountain side fishing, shopping, and sight seeing. We are really having a good time and I feel it is much deserved after this summer from he..!
I am off to update my Gypsy and load of couple of new cartridges and then off to bed for a few winds before we head out again today.
I hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday and as usual I am sending out prayers for my family and yours.
Big Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, these cards are just adorable!! Very nice job and love the coloring!! The last one cracked me up! Enjoy your stay at the cabin for finally you are enjoying life after such a wicked summer. I am on vacation in Florida with two of the grands. On Saturday we will see two more granddaughters. We have seen all 10 in one month!! Not grams is ready for a vacation all by herself in her craft room! Enjoy the beauty of the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Colleen! You are a doll! I am so excited for you! Congratulations on your accomplishment with Elisabeth and you also enjoy your vacation and time with your grands!! Woo Hoo!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your cards are AMAZINGLY Beautiful! You did an AWESOME job my friend!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete