Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010


I hope everyone had a fantastic National Scrapbooker's Day! I have been traveling for the most part but did stop at a rest stop with Wi-Fi so I could participate in some of the celebrations!
I spent Thursday night and Firday with my daughter and then she was off to Dallas for a competition. I spent the night at her house as I HAD to see the game between the Oklahoma Thunder and the Lakers. Dang it! We came so close! I had to be so proud of The Thunder however, we lost by 1 stinking point. Not bad for a second year team to take the Lakers until the 6th game to win the series! Next year we will go all the way! I am SURE of it! I had gone to babysit my Grandpuppies.
I left early afternoon and brought her two dogs with me (I had my two shelties as well) heading for home. I pulled over to walk the dogs and noticed that the rest stop had Wi-Fi so I thought what the heck, I'll just check for a sec and see what all is going on! Well, 3 1/2 hours later I was back on the road again.
I am posting a card I made for my uncle. He has pancreatic cancer and I love him with all my heart. The only thing I could think of when I was given the news is "Cancer Stinks!". This idea popped into my head and I made the card for him. All of the white areas including the letters have crystal stickles all over and the black areas on his little face have black diamond stickles on them (eyes, ears, mouth). It is 10" x 15" and on the inside I wrote a note saying, "I am like Forrest Gump and this is all I have to say about that!"
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment