Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hi Friends!

I have been busy trying to clean up some of my Scrap Room! Yuck! About the time I get something picked up and put up, I find something else that sparks a bit of mojo and I am pulling stuff out again. I truly believe it is a never ending story!  I am trying to keep the mojo flowing and stay up with challenges. I have created a couple of cards I wanted to post.

First I want to wish a Happy Birthday to my dear friend Armetha! I have been working on a gatefold card for a challenge going on at The Outlawz in their  Twisted Thursday. I can't tell you how many creations I ditched before deciding on this one. A big part on having such a hard time developing this card is that it is for Ametha's Birthday and I wanted something to let her know how special she is to me. I started out with some designer paper from Stampin' Up. My stamp is from Whimsy Stamps their Summer Garden Sentiment Collection. I stamped the Carousel Horse with Momento black ink and colored it up with my Copics. The sentiment on the front of the card is from the same stamp set stamped with Versamark Ink and sprinkled with white embossing powder with a little glitter added and heat embossed for a blingy look. The Happy Birthday Stamp is from Inkadinkado Best Wishes set stamped with Versamark and embossed with Stampin' Up's melon mambo embossing powder. I just love how it came out and hopefully Armetha will too!




Another challenge at The Outlawz is for Sunday's CAS (clean and simple) challenge. I tried to think of something that truly makes me happy and came up with my Copic Markers. I colored up this image Copica from Saturated Canary and added some happy colors. My sentiment is computer generated and I colored it with my Copics.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! As always I welcome your comments as they truly make my day!

Big Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lisa! I absolutely love both of these but the creative layout of the first one takes the cake for me :) Great vibrant colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fabulous cards Lisa. I love both and think they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors. You've donw an excellent job creating both projects. Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lis,

    It's so nice an refreshing to see you back to crafting and entering so many of the challenges over at The Outlawz. By the looks of your cards and your fantastic coloring you never would have thought that you had been out of service for such a long time. I hope with all my heart that you continue to feel better and recover for your really lousy year!!
    In the meantime, I also hope you are not upset with me after our last communications. I think you know me well enough to know that I'm very sensitive and when my feelings are hurt...I sometimes take it very hard and then stay clear of people/things, as a protective type factor, to keep me from being hurt or upset again. I do hope you understood what I was trying to say and think I may have now upset you...which was NOT at all what I was doing. I was simply trying to explain why I became distant, after you kept coming/going and I found that so confusing.

    I do hope you are not upset and if so then I am sorry. That was NOT my intention!

    I hope you will be able to start savig now and hopefully come to Baltimore for the next retreat, in September 2013. We all had so much fun and it was truly a JOY to meet and see the people we all know from the groups. It would be great to see you next time!

    Please take care and keep on crafting...your works is fantastic...as always!!

    Hugs,
    Lie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do I understand that cleaning / mojo thing. I moved into my new craft room in April and I’m still trying to get stuff organized. I want to finish it but my supplies keep screaming at me. You did a great job on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buying it is all the fun! Storing it, a whole nother story! lol Wonderful cards! I have enjoyed visiting your blog and have added myself to your followers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely, Hugs, Brittany,
    http://www.mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete